Wonderland Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 162317

Total:#14

Create Thread

[Questions & Answers] Stopped WLO closure, but why?

[Copy link] 13/824

Posted on 2018-10-02 13:53:44 | Show thread starter's posts only

The closure of this game was stopped for this game because they "listened" to the players, but then if they can listen to us when it comes to not closing the game why can't they listen to us when it comes to updating the game? It obviously take money and time to maintain it so why would they continue to without at least updating it. They already have the game formatted (from the Chinese version) so all that is really required is a translation of that version.Why can't they just do that??

Maybe a petition should be started

Signature
Posted on 2018-10-03 04:15:54 | Show thread starter's posts only

It only it was as simple as that. They chose to focus on the mobile platform rather than PC gaming. They only extend the lifeline of the game to "so-call" thank the players for still supporting the game by playing. (Back then, players send ticket to extend the game rather than ask for updates). 

The game could have IGG-exclusive updates or general updates that they could buy from chinesegamer. It could be as simple as their rights to the game expired which means they couldn't further update the game. To what i know(or at least the last time i check), the OG WLO(China Server) is still on-going with updates and all. This led to me believing that IGG probably bought their rights from the HK/TW version(in a similar position to IGG's WLO but with a higher version)

Personally this is my theory as to what actually happen to this game. If it happens with TSOnline, i'm sure it could happen to WLO. 

Yes, IGG did not create IGG-exclusive updates. Thus what you see here,you would also see it in the HK/TW/CN servers.

Players shouldn't expect more than the survival of the game at this point of time. It it happens, that good for us, otherwise, don't dwell too much about it.

Signature
Posted on 2018-10-03 04:19:25 | Show thread starter's posts only

I don't have an answer on why IGG wouldn't close the game down then either, as their reasons are obviously bullcrap.

The issue In general Is that the HKversion 980x, Isn't updating either, the only one that has updates Is the official china version, my guess Is that IGG doesn't have licensing to "buy" updates, as well as the obvious facts that It aren't worth It, as the servers are completely destroyed.

I don't think "maintaining" the server Is really that costly, as a whole the current server probably doesn't cost much to host.

Signature
Ign:YouisYou
Temporary Wlodb solution:https://goo.gl/qMSo4u
Posted on 2018-10-03 10:46:57 | Show thread starter's posts only

We lose money in WLO
but IGG runs well in other games
so we think we can take responsibility for you and for this game.

Signature
Posted on 2018-10-03 19:17:01 | Show thread starter's posts only

he actually had the balls to say it, GG! but you know, there's this thing called investing, y'all haven't tried INVESTING in wlo in a very long time (LACK OF UPDATES!) and that's why you lose money on it.

Signature
Posted on 2018-10-03 21:48:18 | Show thread starter's posts only

Exactly it's ridiculous to say that they are losing money when they haven't tried to update the game since 2014. They lose money because they neglected this game and pushed it too the side. They made stupid crappy mistakes and didn't continue developing it and he makes it sound like it's our fault lol...maybe take responsibility for wlo's own bad decisions.

Signature
Posted on 2018-10-03 23:51:15 | Show thread starter's posts only

The sad thing is they know already, they could’ve done it and sure they probably would’ve made a tiny bit of revenue off of it, but that would’ve taken away from dev time on there other games lowering there overall profitability, and hiring more staff to do it would also lower the profit margin, so to them it’s “why bother?”

I understand it full well and why they decided this but as a part of the community for so long it pisses me off

For them it’s a numbers game, and it’s either break even(more staff) or lose overall profits (diverting staff) and that’s just assuming that at this point it isn’t too late, which it very well may be, to the disappointment to the remaining and wishful players

But no I’m not defending them in this shit because they dug this hole in the first place

Signature
Posted on 2018-10-04 02:34:14 | Show thread starter's posts only

I do appreciate that they kept the game running but. It would be nice to recieve sone sort of update :/

Signature
Posted on 2018-10-04 04:39:04 | Show thread starter's posts only

I don't blame them for shifting in this direction. People nowadays wouldn't play games like WLO. After all, WLO belongs in the "old school" category. You have to look from their perspective. Their job is to earn profits. Your job as a gamer is to play the game. Is their livelihood more important or a gamer's happiness more important? Sure, you could argue that if a gamer is happy, they would spend more. But you need to factor in how many people actually spend money. I can easily tell you most people spend less than 50USD and even then, its not a whole lot of players. 

I'm not even sure why did you think 2013-2014 had a high population. That is actually when the decline start. 

This is why gaming companies that bought their licensing rights instead of creating their own games tends to disappear after a few years. GunZ is a really good example. That said, most people doesn't even notice this trend. 

I love how you guys are talking about investments when they are probably more experience in it than you guys. Which is why their EARNING way more in their MOBILE GAMING compared to WLO. WLO has never really earn them money consistently. Let's be honest. 

It is always easier to speak from a 3rd person point of view. When you are in their shoes, you would have done the exact same thing. (You are a liar if you say no.)

Signature
Posted on 2018-10-04 07:41:25 | Show thread starter's posts only

i mean i did already point out they earned more from mobile countless times, once they dipped there toes into mobile and saw how lucrative it was it became "why invest anything at all on platform X when we can make that much and more for far less effort on playform Y (Mobile) , it's not even a matter of, it wasn't a matter of them not making money from wlo, it was simply a matter of they could make way more from somewhere else. 

and the reason the games population was dwindling was still due to updates, we went from updates every few months, to every 6 months, to once a year, to basically nothing.

the writing on the wall of what was happening behind the scenes was there for a long time, the public was just ignorant of it for a very long time.

Signature