Wonderland Online Today: 2    Total Posts: 160069

Total:#18

Create Thread

[(US) Aries] Dupe is fixed. However, is the issue solved?

[Copy link] 17/3019

Posted on 2017-05-17 15:06:14 | Show thread starter's posts only

So recently, I onlined WLO just to visit, since I was bored. I came across a chat on Starter's Beach, where people were saying that the dupe doesn't work anymore.
I was glad to hear that at first, but I then realized; does that solve the problem tho?
Literally all of WLO have dupped items, and I don't think they would have needed to dupe more.
I think this action was taken way too late, IMO.

What do you guys think? Is it worth coming back? Or did nothing really change?

Also side note:-
Some people are claiming to have found another way to dupe, and they give you a sharing link. Be careful, because it's NOT real.

Signature
Posted on 2017-05-17 15:39:39 | Show thread starter's posts only

> All servers rollback to January 2015 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
> block all possibilities to dupe ( ͡°  ³  ͡°)
> ??? ﴾ ͠° ⍘ °﴿
> problem solved  ⎝( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚.*

If you think otherwise -> uninstall.

Git gut in real life, hard MMO af, no hacks, u can't dupe money or goods, no Phoenix Down 4 u when u ded, wth is afk, in virtual u sexy and beautiful 24/7, in real life u got to work out yo' slim&shady, u leave ur dark cellar to get blinded by the sun, etc.

~
TL;DR: Not worth coming back. Waste of time.

Signature
Whales' WLO Guides and other stuff:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VSTnvc5I1_zxR8or_Jq2qIg6fuYI0WQshARBPRZLrOs/edit?usp=sharing
Posted on 2017-05-17 16:37:18 | Show thread starter's posts only

I think it's worth coming back for the social part of it, if you know how to pick proper people into your social circle it is. For me this whole thing didn't really change anything. I kept going with my everyday training, manufacture, material collecting etc. Although it did affect me emotionally when people I know started abusing capsules and got ahead of my hard earned levels (or simply the fact they gave into the whole thing).
 Now that it's ended, I believe things will change. Although it will take a while for those duped stuff to get used up. There's a large stock of all of these items, but they are not infinite- not anymore. I'll be sticking around and see how things will go. I do must admit that their panicking made me happy.. or the fact that suddenly everyone started hogging up TVs and EXP Potions. Shortly after, the All chat was filled with: "S> eggs for X5 pots and TVs". All chat won't be a bad sitcom anymore either. FINALLY can read PMs and guild chat in peace! There were so many spammers I wasn't able to block them all. It shall be interesting to see where things will go.

Kind of wish there was someone really rich who'd hog up all items just to destroy them and bring balance and rarity back to certain items.

EDIT: Also saw some people share those "new method" links, which has so far been a troll link or something NSFW. Some of my friends dared to open them.

Signature
*Useful threads*
FREE Cuss Burst:http://wl.forum.igg.com/topic?fcid=36&ctid=96983
MsMeow 's quest help: http://wl.forum.igg.com/topic?fcid=36&ctid=91153
Wardens guild page: http://wl.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=96771
Posted on 2017-05-17 16:37:47 | Show thread starter's posts only

Realistically speaking ? No, there´s no magical and satisfactory solution for everyone. Along the years WLO community exploded different kind of bugs/glitches without major consequences. This one wasn´t even new to begin with ( You would be surprised).
 At most they could just ban/freeze accs which used third party programs, but we know that won´t solve anything, because most of the duppers used alts ( Inb4 " Oh no, i used the auto-open packs/eggs on my main, RIP )

.... To answer your question, the game is quite enjoyable if you didn´t finish the high-end quests, the community can be a lil toxic but you don´t NEED to interact with them. Now, if you´re the kind of player whom qq/rants/ complain about wtv others do ( call it duppling, whaling, scamming, having 100+ alts with a never-solved-program * cough*) , then i wouldn´t recommend it. Peace

Signature
Posted on 2017-05-17 17:35:01 | Show thread starter's posts only

=D Would be amusing to see characters go poof and people wondering where their characters went.

and nope not worth coming back.

Signature
Posted on 2017-05-17 23:58:12 | Show thread starter's posts only

So if dupe is fix there would be an update on wlo?

Signature
Pika pika chu! :)
Posted on 2017-05-18 06:03:45 | Show thread starter's posts only

Just like you've said, IGG stepped in way too late (as in, at least 2 years late) to stop all this duping nonsense. Moreover, unless IGG somehow finds a way to stop each and every known form of duping, just stopping the current duping situation won't count much since people can, and will, just find another way to dupe stuff.

Like some others suggested, rollbacks will be a decent idea though as the saying goes...prevention is better than cure, no? Again, just rollback is not gonna be enough since as mentioned earlier, people will find a new way to dupe. With that, the whole process might as well repeat itself until IGG decides to shut down the game for good.

Call me pessimistic, but I do think it's wise to not rejoice over IGG handling the situation for now since we're not exactly out of the storm yet unless the duping is guaranteed to not happen anymore. Honestly, thinking that the duping is over for good sounds like wishful thinking.

After all's that said though, I will definitely NOT be coming back to WLO whatever the (current) situation of duping may be. For one, I've pretty much had other interests and commitments already which supersedes WLO and even then I had already started to lose some interest in WLO since friends I used to play with quit the game within the last few months of me playing WLO.

Edit: To those who are hoping that IGG will introduce new updates to this game after their actions regarding the duping incident, don't get your hopes up too high.

-Ethan

Signature

Eh, not sure what else to add here haha.

Posted on 2017-05-18 06:19:04 | Show thread starter's posts only

It didn't change that much IMO. Almost all of the people still have duped items,the (Aries)Level Rank is still Fake level'd characters,there are still remains of those 2012 X'mas box since I can still see it being opened shoved on my screen at the top right corner notification.

"Is it worth coming back?"
For now...Nope. The damage has already been done unless they ban hammer ALL of the dupers. If this move is to try to bring back people into playing the game then they're not gonna bring back a lot of people. 
But if this is a first step to bring back people then why not. You know...if they have plans to update this game. what am i saying this is nearly impossible.Then i'll give it another try.

Signature
The only badge i got before the apocalypse... 
Posted on 2017-05-18 07:43:34 | Show thread starter's posts only

I personally think it's still worth joining the game, it's still fun meeting new ppl, quest helping and joining an active guild where events are held....If i were you i'd just stay away from sb a1 where all the dupers' drama occures

Signature
Posted on 2017-05-18 17:58:43 | Show thread starter's posts only

It all depends on you, but IMO its worth it to come back, everyone knows there is no hope for this game, so just enjoy it while it lasts, i know u love wlo so just come back, u wont lose anything, u can talk to other peeps or do quests or whatever it is :P
n i think the dupped items wont last forever, though the fake chars will.
i feel like ur forcing urself to stay away from the game, just chill cuz its just a game n one day it will just shut down so enjoy it n log in whenever u have time n have nth to do, u wont lose anything in the end :P<3

Signature

My Threads ~:

Cuss B: http://wl.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=96902

Quests: http://wl.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=96941