Wonderland Online Today: 1    Total Posts: 106741

Total:#10

Create Thread

[Experience Discussion] WLO Mobile Eng

[Copy link] 9/604

Posted on 2018-11-01 17:52:49 | Show thread starter's posts only

Since IGG obviously cares mostly for their mobile games and WLO has been made mobile, do you think that WLO english will ever come about. Games like WLO mobile are popular for their open world aspect. Graphics wouldn't be a turn off because 2D games like WLO are also popular in the app store. Also if you look at the reviews almost every comment says make an Eng version going back to 2016 or so, so obviously WLO has a good player base. All that needs to be done is more advertising in other game forums (since they are always advertising other games here instead of updating

Signature
Posted on 2018-11-02 04:01:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

I personally feel even if there was a English version of WLO mobile, it wouldn't net as much money as the other games that they owned. It is a risk for any gaming company to invest in an English version of WLO considering this game's history and the new era of mobile gaming. This game clearly belongs to old-school. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that kids and teens nowadays won't like WLO, but i can guarantee the majority wouldn't play a game like WLO.

Not going to lie to you, WLO for the past year or so doesn't really have a good player base. Just because you see a lot of characters doesn't mean they are all different players. I'm going to be straightforward with you, the only reason why it looked like there are more players playing now is because of the dupe.  Majority of the idiots(Especially in Aries) never did deserved the items that duped has provided. (Don't bother debating with me on this specific sentence, its not worth it on your end.)

WLO should have died back then in January or at least the international version should have. 

Sure, it would be great if a new English WLO came out especially on PC. I don't know who in the right mind would play the game on 4 different phones unless you use mobile emulators on phone. I can't imagine myself playing with just a single character on WLO and having to play with 3 people(If you can, good for you) to make up 1 party. It was designed to be played on multiple clients after all.

With that said, i'm impressed that there are 2.3k accounts that had given a rating to the app.(The idiots who gave 1 ratings doesn't help the cause.) Then again, this game is also well received in China to the point that it had to create a separate game for Hong Kong and Taiwan.

Signature
Posted on 2018-11-02 13:41:35 | Show thread starter's posts only

I'd have to disagree. WLO while it may be old school would become come popular for that very reason. Mmo have lost their spark because of the simple fact that they have bad storylines with these amazing graphics that don't hold the game up long enough for people to really enjoy it, they get boring. Some of the most popular games in the game store are 2bit games offline or online why? Because people miss old school games with good story's thats why million(supposedly) dowload them. If the game is properly advertised to both the old players and the new players it would bring in lots of player and revenue because of the many things that could be done through the game. A game is only as good as it's company.

Signature
Posted on 2018-11-02 14:28:02 | Show thread starter's posts only

to be fair, wlo mobile does have a PC client, so really the "mobile" in it's name isn't really accurate, it's just universal with a mobile interface.

that said, i would prefer a way more respectable company than IGG pick it up, IGG would just do what they did with PC wlo, get rid of all the "free" stuff like IM remote, teleporting scroll and other items, they'd probably make the rewards from daily events/pvp not worth doing too, since in the chinese/wlm they give item mall currency

and speaking of item mall, IGG would make the cost of everything stupid.

Signature
Posted on 2018-11-03 03:44:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

I'm just going to reply here because i don't want it to look all cramped up. You are right when it comes to MMO. Classic games like WoW and Runescape still have lots of players, but can you say the same for other genres? Look at Maplestory and Gunbound. Both are close to dead. MMO are more or less the same, the only different is the lore, which is what WoW excels in. 

In terms of offline game, its more of a preference but we are talking about WLO which is an online game. WLO has a story but its so unfinished that the whole story look like a complete mess. If we have to compare the past, Prime WLO has a way smaller player-base than Prime Maplestory. 

The only way WLO would appeal to people is that players can play it more actively rather than just AFK all day. Let's be honest, do most people actually do the quest for the storyline? No, i can tell you that. Most of us just do it for specific rewards. So can you actually say this game is rich in story? The only way you can make it work is that this game totally remove burst and then make it so that quests actually give you decent exp like what MMO actually does like in WoW and FFXIV. WLO is really slow pace if you think about it.

Signature
Posted on 2018-11-03 09:49:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

i did play the game for story ( i know i'm pretty much on my own here) having read most of if not all of the dialogue at some point in the game, some quests were a bit better, like the persian/roman/england story arcs, while some were pretty lazy,

Signature
Posted on 2018-11-08 00:55:33 | Show thread starter's posts only

emmmmmmmm,interesting.

Signature
Posted on 2018-11-08 09:21:24 | Show thread starter's posts only

Wlom is much better than the old version of wlo to be honest. It runs very fast and smooth and has lots of new content and rb of pets. I have gotten used to the Chinese letters, doesn't bother me at all anymore. There are lots of English speaking players anyway. Besides, if a company like igg was to pick up wlom, I'm sure the price of IM would increase a lot. As it is now everyone can buy im, since we get free gems. Secondly the price of gems is pretty low. I must say, I LOVE wlom. And now with the announcement of closure it's time to join folks. Just remember to join the old server, since it has most English speaking players.

Signature
Posted on 2018-11-08 14:59:22 | Show thread starter's posts only

Just wait for the release of the English mobile version, for those who want to start playing WLO on their mobile devices.

Signature

Entertainment? Here: https://youtu.be/zJGWv_axOiY