Wonderland Online Today: 3    Total Posts: 72376

Total:#6

Create Thread

[Questions & Answers] Download/connection problems

[Copy link] 5/92

Posted on 2018-10-07 17:28:16 | Show thread starter's posts only

So, for about the past hour or so, I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with my game. I used to be a WLO player a couple of years ago, and I wanted to re-visit the game, but there are just some problems and I don't know how to fix them. I've looked at a lot of threads, and some helped, but then I run into different problems that they don't address.

I guess the most "important" problem would be the servers not connecting, and I know that it has nothing to do with my own internet, it's plenty strong and can definitely handle WLO. Also, I realize that there has been merges between servers so now there should be three, right? Well, my game shows eleven servers that all have the gray circle. I'm not sure how I can get the servers to three like with everybody else, I don't know what's going on...

There are also some smaller details that I am unsure of if it actually matters or not, but I will include them anyway: I am running on Windows 10, and the regular downloader on the WLO website didn't work for me, the connection failed. So I instead downloaded the game client itself, which downloaded WLO just fine. However, whenever I attempt to open the game from the Main.exe file, the little window pops up and everything seems okay; it updated the servers and everything was going good. But when I click on 'Start Game', nothing happens and the agreement window doesn't pop up at all. So I then went directly to aLogin.exe instead, and it started up the game, but then it goes to the server page which isn't connected. Also, I have downloaded the complete patch from the IGG website, but it didn't do anything, which I suspected would happen since the patch and the client I downloaded were both V6.1.9 (20141027).

Sorry if a thread that is just like this has been posted before or if the solution to this is actually very simple, I am just getting frustrated as I just want to come back to a nostalgic game and I'm running into problems I don't know how to fix.

Signature
Posted on 2018-10-07 17:36:23 | Show thread starter's posts only

Did you make sure to try enforce update? Sounds like your server file is wrong

Signature
Posted on 2018-10-07 17:48:29 | Show thread starter's posts only

I just tried enforcing an update, and it did give me two files to update, which it did update. Then, yet again, the 'Start Game' didn't make anything pop up, so I went to aLogin and it still gave me the 11 servers. I enforced the update one more time and I basically just repeated the whole thing, so I'm not sure what's going on...

Signature
Posted on 2018-10-07 17:53:31 | Show thread starter's posts only

It probably isn’t accessing the install location properly, make sure the wonderland folder is directly on the c drive and that alogin.exe and main.exe have administrative rights

Signature
Posted on 2018-10-07 18:03:04 | Show thread starter's posts only

Yup, turns out my WLO wasn't directly on the C drive, and everything started worked perfectly after I moved it! Thank you very much :)

Signature
Posted on 2018-10-07 19:25:53 | Show thread starter's posts only

you're welcome!

Signature