Wonderland Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 72382

Total:#9

Create Thread

[Questions & Answers] Old man saying "yes" and freezing my game on tutorial/cutscenes

[Copy link] 8/649

Posted on 2018-05-08 14:09:19 | Show thread starter's posts only

He's my worst nemesis.

The only reason I was able to get past the tutorial is because I hopped on my friend's computer to do so. Even afterwards however, there were various other points throughout the game world where certain cutscenes triggered this glitch. The game will freeze, and a still image of a crashed ship with the text box and sprite of an old man saying, "yes" appears. If you click anything, the text box then almost fades out, but stays partially, and the game freezes entirely at that point.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? I've seen many posts about it already but none that seem to truly fix this glitch for people who have it. Help would be appreciated, I can't really say I'm playing the game if a good portion of things are locked out for me due to this.

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-08 15:00:06 | Show thread starter's posts only

there's only really 2 possiblities,

1 it really is related to the servers being bloated/completely full, and it's how the game handles it when people try to make new chars, but this holds less merit, when people say they can go on someone elses PC, or have a friend/someone else log there char, get past the trigger point for them, and then play again on there own 

or 2, after a certain point, fresh game client downloads have a bug in them, that causes this to happen, meaning if you don't have a really old client that's never done it, you probably won't ever be able to never see it, (i've never seen it anyways)

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-08 15:34:50 | Show thread starter's posts only

Yeah, it's definitely not related to server population. Not only am I not on Aries, but I've experienced what the disconnect looks like when it's due to a full server, and it's not the same as the bug I'm experiencing. 

Any recommendations as to how to go about fixing this?

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-08 15:38:27 | Show thread starter's posts only

The only suggestion I could make is have an older /stable client

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-08 15:45:47 | Show thread starter's posts only

Where could I find an older version of the client to download?

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-08 16:53:14 | Show thread starter's posts only

there's not one for public download as far as i know, you'd have to be sent one from someone you trust.

(Blah blah blah reasons of, someone could fill it with some kinda spyware or virus or some crap like that, even though most people who play this game aren't really that smart+devious)

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-09 12:11:34 | Show thread starter's posts only

I would suggest finding a very close friend of yours that you trust, to help you just like how you finished the first cut-scene. Maybe let your friend pilot you through the quests.

Signature
✼ Guide to different fonts BB-Code http://bit.ly/2nQnj1Z
✼ NEW WLO SCAMMER LIST! http://bit.ly/2BVxVB6
✼ PLEASE READ AND CONSIDER http://bit.ly/2smnarL
All our words from loose using have lost their edge
Posted on 2018-05-09 15:59:30 | Show thread starter's posts only

There is no such thing as using an older client version as it will trigger the "Update the Edition" error when you try to log in with an old client. Had this happen many a times to even know this bit.

In my course of playing WLO (from the summer of 2008), I've only been involved in two collisions of this old pervert that many folks, back in our time, had made so many funny posts about him. I really don't know the real reason on why he shows up but had a laugh on it when he did for me or when I kept hearing people saying the sort. To me, at the time, I felt he was the saboteur that sunk the "Titanic" ship and he was gloating at its demise; a special cut-scene only intended for those of us to know what really happened to the ship we were on before stranded on the island.

I would only suggest two things for this effigy to be held at bay:
1. Give him a swift kick off that wreckage and tell him to take a hike.
2. Give him a first born child and hope that it would work like the other things that involved such.

Alternatively, to really find out if it is the "server capacity issue", log into a different server, create a character, and run it through.

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-10 02:24:25 | Show thread starter's posts only

You misunderstand, I meant a client that has existed and just been updated, not a freshly installed client, all the client checks for is the server.dat and alogin.exe when checking client version

Signature