Wonderland Online Today: 5    Total Posts: 72460

Total:#22

Create Thread

[Questions & Answers] Access Violation

Hot Topics [Copy link] 21/1096

Posted on 2018-03-07 18:45:11 | Show thread starter's posts only

I honestly want to get back on this game after being away for probably like two years, and then an additional two or three more years. Lol.

After hearing the changes, I kind of just want to come on it on some occasions when I have the time, but apparently I ran into a problem which is what this thread is titled. Access violation.

Is there anyway I can download the game again? I've uninstalled and reinstalled it to find this access violation when my first three attempt gave me nothing.

Signature
Posted on 2018-03-07 21:04:38 | Show thread starter's posts only

What is your Windows Platform?

Some People must Download to Flash Drive.

Other problem could be compatibility settings may need to be Windows XP or 7.

Colors need to be 16 bit.

Signature

did you get your Daily Credit http://wl.igg.com/main.php
Posted on 2018-03-07 21:24:16 | Show thread starter's posts only

I have Windows 10. And to download into a flash drive? Like a portable flash drive?

The compatibility is currently on Windows 8. I'll give 7 and change Colors to 16 bit.

Signature
Posted on 2018-03-07 22:20:34 | Show thread starter's posts only

You can install to C:\wonderland online and it will be okay. Compatibility settings to xp or windows 7. Run as administrator and color settings to 16 bit. Try again.

Signature
Posted on 2018-03-07 22:56:02 | Show thread starter's posts only

After trying compatibility to XP and 7, running it as administrator and color settings to 16 bit. No luck in successfully able to update the game itself. I've ran through three servers and the other; nothing.

I'll try again maybe tomorrow to see if there's any luck, but other then that, I can't do anything more than have it where it's at, at the moment. My internet connection is decent/mediocre, but I've ran WLO couple of months ago before their big change.

Signature
Posted on 2018-03-08 01:19:56 | Show thread starter's posts only

I got Windows 10 Creator's Edition and it's been going okay for me. When I went from Windows 7 to 10 via the free upgrade promotion, I had problems with Win 10 because it would lock up the game that I had to do the "ctrl-alt-del" shtick to get it running okay (and possibly put forth more WLO sessions into it).

Since Win 10 CE, it's been going okay (there are a few times where I had to reinstall out of my own devices, and not because of something wrong). Maybe, once in about 15 or 20 runs, I would get that "WLO has stopped working..." error that I would just exit and restart WLO again.

I do not have a 16 bit setting on my graphics card (possibly Win 10 CE has done away with those resolutions and wanted to go with the 32 bit approach), so each time WLO is being run, it would envelop itself through a protected mode for the resolution it would require (hence why I had suggested to IGG to come forth with a 32 bit version back in the day) and then try to run it. I do not have any form of compatibility mode set for such.

Hey, try to set the aLogin (the monkey icon) to those settings and hit it again since after the update screen/main screen, it will run the aLogin to get the game going. If possible, let's get a screenshot of it happening so maybe we can try another approach.

Signature
Posted on 2018-03-08 07:13:19 | Show thread starter's posts only

Do you know how to clear out your Temp Directory?

C:/Windows/Temp

Select all

Press and hold SHIFT key then press DELETE key.

If a file here or there complains Click Skip.

Then restart your computer(previous steps 'Pulls the rugs out from the system';)

This will often clear up some conflict issues.

Temp files are supposed to clear out after a program closes.

If any program crashes often they remain and cause issues.

Signature

did you get your Daily Credit http://wl.igg.com/main.php
Posted on 2018-03-08 11:20:43 | Show thread starter's posts only

Maybe God doesn't want you to play this game.

Geehee

I personally feel he/she might have something crucial that is missing hence why wlo couldn't load. 

PS. Don't take this post seriously

Signature
Posted on 2018-03-08 11:35:51 | Show thread starter's posts only

@xenonigredo
I have just Windows 10 Home edition, I've played this before the serve merge months ago, but now it's doing this to me--
Can't really bypass the whole menu thing if the upload isn't going through. My internet is decent.

@Arthur61
Yes, I've already ran it as administrator. I just did that currently and will be restarting to see if there's any results.

@HideriKanzaki
Yep, god basically is telling me to never come back. :D;
I honestly don't know what I would be missing--
And it's alright. :heart:

Signature
Posted on 2018-03-08 12:21:38 | Show thread starter's posts only

any luck so far fixing it? I'd be willing to help.

Signature